Sony has officially confirmed the launch window lineup for PlayStation VR2 through March 2023, and it includes 13 new titles that haven’t been announced for the platform before, including Tetris Effect: Connected and Rez Infinite.
As detailed on PlayStation.Blog, PlayStation VR2 will launch on February 22, 2023, and more than 30 games will be available on the platform before March comes to an end, barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Alongside big hitters like Horizon Call of the Mountain, Resident Evil Village, No Man’s Sky, and Gran Turismo 7, PS VR2 owners will also be able to look forward to these 13 newly announced titles, which include Before Your Eyes, Kayak VR: Mirage, Pavlov VR, Puzzling Places, Song in the Smoke: Rekindled, Synth Riders: Remastered Edition, Thumper, NFL Pro Era, What the Bat?, Rez Infinite, Tetris Effect: Connected, Creed: Rise to Glory – Championship Edition, and The Last Clockwinder.
The full list of games in PlayStation VR2’s launch window lineup are as follows;
- After the Fall (Vertigo Games)
- Altair Breaker (Thirdverse)
- Before Your Eyes (Skybound Interactive, launch window)
- Cities VR (Fast Travel Games)
- Cosmonious High (Owlchemy)
- Creed: Rise to Glory – Championship Edition (Survios, launch window)
- The Dark Pictures: Switchback (Supermassive, launch window)
- Demeo (Resolution Games)
- Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate (MyDearest Inc., Perp Games)
- Fantavision 202X (Cosmo Machia, Inc.)
- Gran Turismo 7 (via free update to PS5 version of GT7)
- Horizon Call of the Mountain (Firesprite, Guerrilla)
- Job Simulator (Owlchemy)
- Jurassic World Aftermath (Coatsink)
- Kayak VR: Mirage (Better Than Life)
- Kizuna AI – Touch the Beat! (Gemdrops, Inc.)
- The Last Clockwinder (Pontoco/Cyan Worlds)
- The Light Brigade (Funktronic Labs, purchase includes PS VR and PS VR2 versions)
- Moss 1 & 2 Remaster (Polyarc)
- NFL Pro Era (StatusPro, Inc., free PS VR2 upgrade)
- No Man’s Sky (Hello Games, launch window)
- Pavlov VR (Vankrupt)
- Pistol Whip (Cloudhead, free upgrade)
- Puzzling Places (Realities.io, free upgrade)
- Resident Evil Village (Capcom, via free update to PS5 version of RE Village)
- Rez Infinite (Enhance)
- Song in the Smoke (17 Bit)
- STAR WARS: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge (ILMxLab)
- Synth Riders (Kluge Interactive, free upgrade)
- The Tale of Onogoro (Amata K.K)
- Tentacular (Devolver)
- Tetris Effect: Connected (Enhance)
- Thumper (Drool LLC)
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners: Ch. 2: Retribution (Skydance, launch window)
- Vacation Simulator (Owlchemy)
- What the Bat (Triband)
- Zenith: The Last City (Ramen VR, free upgrade)
Kazunori Yamauchi, the president off Polyphony Digital, shared a few words in the blogpost about the upcoming free VR update for owners of Gran Turismo 7 and teases a bit as to what fans can expect.
“We’re thrilled that Gran Turismo 7 will be a PS VR2 launch title! Through a free upgrade, for those who have already purchased Gran Turismo 7, players will experience all cars and tracks in VR like never before,” Yamauchi said. “GT7 in VR takes full advantage of PS VR2’s next gen features. With eye tracking and foveated rendering, players will experience stunning visual fidelity while racing in any of the 450+ cars. While 2-player splitscreen races are not supported in VR, all other races, including online races, will be available. From the Nürburgring to Tsukuba, tracks can be experienced exactly as they are in real life.”
Sony noted that this final launch software lineup is “subject to change without notice.” Furthermore, IGN is confirming with certain developers whose games are not on this list but stated intention to launch alongside PS VR2 like Among Us 2, and will update this as we hear back.
For more on PlayStation VR2, be sure to check out our hands-on preview of Sony’s new VR headset and of Horizon Call of the Mountain.
Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to email@example.com.
Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.